- Winner —Write to end Violence Against Women awards for Rape, child abuse and Prince Charles’s former school in the Observer Magazine.
- Short-listed — Fortnum & Mason awards, for work in Intelligent Life and the Observer Magazine.
- Long-listed — One World news award, for Fishing under Fire in Gaza published in the Observer Magazine.
- Runner-up — Derek Cooper Award for Campaigning & Investigative Food Writing, Guild of Food Writers Awards, for work in The Times, The Guardian and The Observer
- Runner-up —Derek Cooper Investigative Food Writer (for work on supermarkets’ bullying of suppliers and Tesco’s dishonest ‘special offers’.)
- Winner — Food Journalist of the Year, Guild of Food Writers. For work in the Times and Observer Food Monthly (Food, famine and climate change: India’s Scorched Earth and All the Bacon Sandwiches).
- Runner-up — Derek Cooper Investigative Food Writer award.
- Runner-up — Amnesty International media award for Tourism is a curse to us (Observer magazine, Sept ‘09), a piece about the destruction of Masai livelihoods and abuse of their rights
- Winner — One World Media Awards, popular TV/print feature. For Lush paddy fields as far as the eye can see. So why can’t this Cambodian farmer afford to feed his family? (Observer Food Monthly, July ’08)
- Commended — feature writer of the year, Foreign Press Association of London. For The Rape Epidemic, a story of violence against women in Haiti, published Observer Woman, (December ’07)
- Runner-up — feature writer of the year, UK Press Gazette Magazine Design and Journalism Awards. For work in the Observer magazines.
- Winner — food writer of the year, Glenfiddich Food and Wine Awards. For One in ten fish is eaten in Japan. So why don’t they know there’s a shortage? and Still hungry (on global child malnutrition)
- Winner — Glenfiddich Trophy
- Commended — foreign correspondent of the Year, British Press Awards (“Our Guns Arm The Children” – investigation into British government complicity in Sierra Leone government militias’ use of child soldiers, 24 May ’00, Evening Standard)
- Commended — Investigative Team, British Press Awards, Evening Standard
- Winner — Sunday Times Young Playwright of the Year (!)